Original comment: FLATLAND HOW TO | episode one. How to front peg balance.
I am getting a few requests to show more how to’s on Flatmattersonline and not only high level riding. So I figured I would branch out with my flatland coaching sessions to instagram, then Youtube.
1. The obvious to begin with, have a bmx bike with pegs. (Here Arthur borrowed my bike).
2. Turn the handlebars at a 90 degree position, notice how Arthur is stood at the beginning of the video.
3. To begin balancing, put your left foot on the peg, left hand on left grip and have your right foot on the floor sideways next to the tyre.
4. Elevate your right foot to the middle of front tyre with your left foot on the front peg.
5. As you elevate your right foot,try to be relaxed and move your foot slightly up and down on the tyre to create the balance point. (refer to Arthur’s technique on video).
The key to learning the front peg balance is to get the following points aligned at the same time, relaxed with point 5, stand up straight, helps also have a focus point to look down (normally the stem/ this may different according to your stance and height).
6. Once you learnt to balance one handed, once you are comfortable. The next stage is no handed balance, use your left leg against the bar to hold the balance point make sure you stood up straight as possible and slowly take your hands off the bars.* it’s really important to remember to keep as still as possible on this trick. Refer to the video, and let us know how you get on.
Flatland is a puzzle, learn to balance first, we shall be back shortly with a how to ride in and out. Then a whole world of flatland fun awaits you! Good luck everybody, tag us when you can balance. Have fun! #bmx #flatland #howtobmx #flatmattersonline #flatmatters #bmxflatland #flatlandbmx
Original comment: After we got wrapped up with a session on the Friday at the UK Flatland Championships at the Cycle Expo, in Harrogate, Yorkshire. Matti Hemmings wanted me to interview Davis Dudelis as a bit of pre hype for the event, as it turns out the Wifi wasn't the best and when I got home my laptop died once again so I am little late uploading this.
Considering I had no preparation going into this, I am pretty happy about how this turned out, we discuss Davis' hilarious party antics, the nose manual world record, his flat street style, struggling with motivation, what he thinks about the UK, why he always comes back to the UK Flatland Champs, his favourite Matti Hemmings quote on the mic and much more. This was good fun, so thought I would post it.
Top 3 :
#1 Sietse Van Berkel : http://instagram.Com/sietsevanberkel
#2 Alex Jumelin : http://instagram.com/alexjumelin
#3 Moto Sasaki : http://instagram.com/motosasaki
By Martti Kuoppa : http://instagram.com/marttikuoppa
Je vous invite à suivre en masse la page MOC, chaque follow permet de développer la communauté Bmx Flat internationale !
Mes Réseaux : http://plu.us/kevinmeyerbmx
Mon site : http://kevinmeyerbmx.com
Mes Shows : http://osbmx.fr