Critical beatdown from James White on Vimeo.
James White is like flatland royalty, so when you see on Facebook that the man is dropping a new edit with a classic Dorkin’ reference to boot you know it’s going to be good. This one hit me in a different way than previous “Me summer 2016 bits” and “The adventures of James White on the wheels of steel” did, James hit a spot that I feel has been missing in flatland edits over the past few years despite regularly posting on instagram these lines remain fresh.
The emotion I got out of watching this was like a Dorkin’ part watched for the first time with no idea what’s going to go down, mixing all the the flatland eras James has gone through into a 3:38 edit and have this real hype quality that James seems to always have. And the major factor James always seems to communicate is that this was pure fun…
As always with Must watch edits I like to talk about what stood out to me:
– The backwards xft peg wheelie full scuffless gerator body varial at 00:43.
– The triple two footed and dump truck walkarounds at 1:21 and 1:46. This is years of riding to get these so smooth, amazing control!
– The no handed sliding hitchhiker (what do you call that?) to no handed pivot out at 2:26, creating something new out something old. Pure class.
– Full body varial back wheel sliding half lash at 2:53 in the wet no less.
– My favourite line of the edit without a doubt, the whiplash body varial whiplash out at 3:12 is one of the best tricks of the year hands down!
– And the ender, is pure skills. Opposite dump pivot xft backwards ice cream pivot regular dump out at 3:23.
Hitting the rewind again, great stuff from Whiteski!