Some new, very thin and light pedals from Moto Bicycles in Berlin. Creative head behind this innovative project is Ali Barjesteh. The pedals will be produced in various materials. The prototype is made of wood, and looks really interesting. Visite Moto Bicycles website and like them on facebook.
New pedals for leisure cyclists and urban bikers
- Probably the world’s lightest and flattest pedals on the market soon!
Ultralight and ultraflat: these are innovative new platform pedals for bicycles (patent applied for). As standard they are a mere 300 g per pair, and measure just 15 mm in thickness. The pedals will be available through the trade in early summer 2012 and will cost around 150 Euros. Final tests and quality checking are currently under way.
- Take less to impress
These new pedals have been reduced to the bare essentials, and they come with no frills, just pure design. The first batch to be produced will be the wood version.
The grip tape on the platforms ensures that your feet stay safely on the pedals, whichever shoes you’re wearing. Thanks to the grip tape you can also do without studs, which many urban bikers use but which can potentially cause injury. The extra-wide and slip-resistant platforms secure your safety as you ride.
Because these new pedals are flatter, they put the foot closer to the axle and so closer to the optimal biomechanical ‘sweet spot’. It also means they offer improved ground clearance. The new pedals were developed by Berlin-based ‘Ideas foundry’ Moto Bicycles and BMX champion Ali Barjesteh, working with experts in mechanical engineering, aerospace production and product design.
- Flat as a pancake
These pedals are a completely new development in both design and technology. They have many unique features:
- They are probably the world’s lightest platform pedals.
- The patented bearing system is developed as a single unit (integrated with the axle).
- The pedal body, a laminated structure, is completely sealed.
- Contemporary, eye-catching and protected ‘sculptural’ shape.
- They offer the best grip, with any shoe.
- Countless design possibilities via the grip tape on the platforms.