Today I had a very special package arrive- a new frame!
Honestly, I'm not a fan of (visually) curly frames like this, but the price + geometry + warranty make a lot of sense to me, so I went for it.
The build went fairly well; I did have to sand the inside of the bb as the bearings wanted to bind on two points. After that and some dead-blow persuasion, they went right in.
All the bends and welds looked really good, as well as the paint job.
My seatpost was loose in the frame(what's up with that?!) and I really had to wrench on the integrated clamp bolt to get it tight. Actually, until I removed the bolt and greased it up good, I wasn't able to get the post tight. After the grease, I think I got it locked down good and tight.
The rear spacing was a real treat after riding a Quamen with 120mm spacing; no mass of washers needed back there. I'm really pleased with the chainline; it's the straightest of any frame I've ridden- straight as an arrow!
The headset bearings pushed right in nicely by hand.
On a side note; I really need to break down my bike for maintenance more often as my headset and freecoaster driver bearings were both blown again. Crap!
Soon as this rain stops, I really want to ride this!