Bike Days Bike-Festival, Glattpark (Opfikon) Zurich (Switzerland), May 11 to 13 2007
From May 11 to 13 the Bike Days will take place in Glattpark (Opfikon) north of Zurich (Switzerland). After three successful years in Biel/Bienne the Bike Days move to Zurich. In the booming area of Zurich-Nord this national bike festival is set to grow further.
All around the tradeshow there's a lot to do and to try out all:
- High level competitions in the disciplines MTB-4-Cross, BMX-Race, MTB-Slope Style, BMX-Dirt-Jump and Flatland-BMX with a prize money from CHF 2'500.– to 7'000.– per contest
- Qualifications for the above mentioned contests on Friday and Saturday. Open to everybody with the necessary skills (limited starting field)
- Shows and demos in the disciplines Bike-Trial, Dirt-Jump and Flatland-BMX
- Domestic and international bike couriers will combat in two disciplines on Saturday
- Parkmassaker (park massacre) – a public cyclo-cross race next to the tradeshow area (limited starting field)
- A family-rally around the tradeshow area
- Technics workshops led by some Scott-Team riders
- A test track with on- and offroad base allows testing the exhibited bikes
- Parties on Friday and Saturday evening
Friday: 14.00–20.00h*, tradeshow, shows
Saturday: 10.00–20.00h*, tradeshow, competitions, qualifications, shows
Sunday: 10.00–17.00h, tradeshow, competitions, finals, shows
*Gastronomy area till 02.00h
Adults: CHF 8.-
Children 11–16 years: CHF 5.-
Children to 11 years: free
No advance sale
Information about the Flatland Contest
- Friday, may 11. Open. Riders compete for 4 starting places for the competition on Saturday.
- Saturday, may 12. Competition with 10 riders. The winner will be determined through riderjudging.
- Prize money in CHF:
- Total: 2’650.– (1st: 900.–, 2nd: 650.–, 3rd: 400.–, 4th –10th: CHF 100.–)
- Friday, may 11, 2pm to 7pm: shows
- Saturday, may 11am to 7pm: registration, training and qualification
- Sunday, may 13, 12pm to 5pm: training and competition
* The times given are indications. Accurate times will follow and will be published under www.bikedays.ch.
You can download the registration form here: Registration form.
You can find further information on the website www.bikedays.ch.